wELL-WRItTEN sUBMiSION iNfO Part 2
Cash prize: $17.*
- Not so generous, say you? Consider your rate per word.
- Particularly in comparison to your entrance fee. (Zero. Zip. Nada.)
*The number of syllables in a haiku.
- The winner will receive $17. Don’t spend it all in once place—as if you could.
- Five to seven additional haiku will be selected—2nd Place, 3rd Place, and up to five honorable mentions.
- The winning and haiku and author will be feted on About Childhood: Answers for Writers, Parents, and Former Children, as well as on the Facebook page of the once and gentle Alle C. Hall.
- Runners up and honorable mentions will be honorably mentioned and … run up. Also on About Childhood and Facebook.
- About Childhood will alert all media, up to and including The New Yorker. Why not? We take comic haiku seriously around here.
Who can enter:
Anyone other than Officers, Associates and Board Members of About Childhood and her immediate family. I wouldn’t want you the think I play favorites.
Send your hilarious haiku to email@example.com.
By March 17th, 2014. Or you’re busted.